View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank you pdurrant.

I was, initially, going to lower my goal from 100 to 50 (which seemed more attainable) but as I thought about all of the books I really wanted to read, my list shot right back up! So here is my very ambitious (for me) challenge in 2012:

I want to read the following series in full, which includes rereading the earlier books in preparation for the ones that are new to me:

1. Dresden Files & bonus stories (I've read 1 & 2)

2. Rachel Morgan/The Hollows & bonus stories (I've read 1 - 5 or 6, I don't remember)

3. Honor Harrington & bonus stories (I've read 1 - 9 and part of 10)

4. Black Dagger Brotherhood series (I've read 1 - 6)

Plus:

(a) I'd like to read all of The Mobile Read Book Club Selections (depending on price & availability)

(b) The following Literary Book Club selections: February-Time Period, May-Region, June-Short Stories & December-Open (also depending on price & availability)

(c) The Iliad - over a 4 to 6 week period starting January 9th (suggested and to be organized by issybird)

*Bonus material: select works by Charles Dickens

I'm not sure how to sum all of that up into one challenge, though.

Suggestions welcome!
Goal: read Dresden Files, Rachel Morgan, Honerverse, Black Dagger Brotherhood series, MR BookClub and Literary BookClub when possible, some Charles Dickens, and be able to get a good night's sleep by trying to read The Iliad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote