View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #172
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
@travger, regarding your strategy of entering the metadata from download site right away. Problem is when the download site has little or poor metadata, so I also use ISFDB or other sites for that.

I like the idea of doing as much as possible of that as "feasible" at download time.
I used to just mark the source in filename, but now I can add blurbs also.
Yes, dl site may have little metadata, but I don't care at that stage.
Even series - if I know or if dl site mentions, then I enter it, otherwise it has no importance until I want to read it and go looking for the reading order. Anyway, I try to avoid starting unfinished series (main culprit - The Game of Thrones).

I imagine that sometimes when I feel like it I'll do some cleaning and those books will be then on top of the TBR.

Also I can experiment more boldly with bulk download of metadata when I know that everything will get one-by one inspection before transfer to main library.