View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I wish someone would answer to why only this book is eaffected, not my pther pdf to epub conversions.
Take a look at the font used. Read here:
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...=charissilfont
Particularly this:

Quote:
Charis SIL is a TrueType font with “smart font” capabilities added using the Graphite, OpenType®, and AAT font technologies. This means that complex typographic issues such as the placement of diacritics or the formation of ligatures are handled by the font, provided you are running an application that provides an adequate level of support for one of these smart font technologies. With the old font (and its derivatives), diacritic placement was handled using non-standard character encodings that incorporated multiple versions of a diacritic as distinctly-encoded characters.
I've seen books created with that font cause the problem you describe. It doesn't seem to appear just because that font was used, but only when that font was used with certain packages for the original creation.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote