View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #20
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
That was something else that bored or confused just to create atmosphere. I did snicker a bit that while coming up with this whole new calendar and in a book set in the far future, Genly still gave the temperatures in Fahrenheit! I prefer Fahrenheit myself for day to day use and not only because it's still current here, but not in a scientific context.
Yes the temperature thing amused me too. I tend to think in Centigrade because that's been what the TV weather reports have used here most of my life, so I had to convert in my head. But "very cold" and "extremely cold" would have done just as well.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote