View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
The glowlight 3 and the glowlight plus 7.8" are quite similar except that the 3 is 6" and the plus is 7.8". Another difference is that the 3 has a slightly clearer screen because the touch system is infrared, wheres the plus is capacitive and so has an extra layer over the display. But both screens should be clear enough. It's not a biggie. A more important point is do you want a 7.8" screen to read books on? Many people find it too heavy and too large. If you mother's eyes are not great, then the 7.8" might be better so she can increase the font size. On the other hand, if her hands are weak, it might be too heavy.

Apart from that, the devices are fairly similar. There were issues with the Nook GL3 firmware, but I'm not sure it's still an issue, and I'm not sure the plus and the 3 even use different software now.

I have a GL3 and I really like it, but I have rooted it and put custom software on it. The screen is ultra clear. Best screen I've ever had.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote