View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No doubt exacerbated by working on epubs that have a single, quite-large, html file which perhaps contains many inline images? That, and a noisy debug build of Sigil (with the debug logfile configured/enabled) are the two most common things that will cause a considerable slowdown in Sigil's Preview load/refresh times.

But the exact same epub should still load/refresh in the same time using Sigil 1.5.1 as it does with Sigil 1.4.3 regardless of any power-management settings.

That doesn't mean there's not some specific (and as yet undetermined) set of circumstances that can cause a severe slowdown of Sigil (in any recent Sigil version) on Windows: graphics hardware/drivers, specific versions of Windows 10 and/or Defender definitions, security settings, other programs running, Qt-specific environment variables set at the session-level to support other Qt-based applications, time since last reboot, etc...

There's been too many reports of severe slowdowns on Windows 10 (with newer/beefier hardware than the aging laptop I use for testing) reported for me to dismiss them outright. I just know that it's not recent code-changes to Sigil that's the culprit.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote