View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #10
ChelC
Enthusiast
ChelC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
My dang 700 is still not here!!! So while I've been waiting I've been agonizing about my choice. The screen is a big difference. Online it doesn't look like it, but if you go to Borders and check it out, it's huge. One looks like e-ink, and one doesn't.

I decided on the 700 for the features, but I have to admit I'm starting to second guess myself after seeing it. I really want a kindle, but I want collections and sd. I also want the annotation feature... if I could design my perfect reader, it would be the kindle (connectivity, pop up dictionary, amazon's collection of books), but with better pdf support, an sd slot and folders. I feel bummed that no matter what I have to settle on something.

Now I'm wondering just how bad it would be to live without organization, because the kindle hype today has me totally jealous.

Anyway, to me the 700 screen doesn't look like e-ink, which kills some of the cool new gadget fun, but it had the best combo of features that I absolutely had to have. If it's readable as I get used to it, it will do just fine. If it causes eye strain, I'll have to get something else. If it ever gets here I'll update with how it reads in long stretches.
ChelC is offline   Reply With Quote