View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob7 View Post
I understand the LCD being a major hit to the nook color's readability, but what about its other features as an e-reader? As a student, I generally read articles, pdf's, and academic books. That being said, I want/need to take notes alongside and remember quotes and ideas. With the touch-screen on the nook color, I can do all of those things instantly. If I need a definition or want to insert a note, I can do so simply by touching the screen. Having used a kindle, I know that similar things can be done but they take light-years. Plus, as mentioned, with the nook color I can open a document and take notes, revise papers, etc while reading. It seems that e-reader features like this are being overlooked.
ummmm....either study harder or read more SF...hehehehe...a "light year" is a unit of distance not rate. hehehehe....just teasing because I know what you mean and people make that gaff all the time.

BTW, I would not be too certain about the note taking and such in the Nookcolor just yet. Give it some time to see where it goes. I would put more faith in the larger format readers from Pocketbook IQ as they really are focusing on the education segment in their home country of Ukraine. And they too have a 7" color LCD reader for about half the price, $140, than the NookColor. They are using Android 2.0.

I am not saying the NookColor is not a neat option, it might be a nice size for taking notes, but recent developments in another interest of mine have me questioning everything about devices anymore and no longer assuming what would seem logical. Still, the direction B&N seems to be heading is certainly interesting.

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-30-2010 at 10:35 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote