Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 3 Freezes
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
mine frozed and resetted about 10 times. some of them were automatic resets, some I had to force reboot. and I HATE how I have to skip forward many pages to get to the location I was at.

amazon better fix this soon.
After experiencing the 'automatic' restart variety, I would force reset (unplug from power, hold power slider 'on' for 30 seconds or so). Otherwise I don't think you can assume everything was successfully cleaned up, and you're more likely to experience another problem. In my case, there were a couple of incidents where it just kept restarting just as it appeared to get to a state of 'ready'. That's evidence that 'automatic' restart doesn't clean up everything.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote