Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 3 Freezes
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #7
Mirtika
Mirtika began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Had mine for a few days. Had only downloaded on the PC and synched to Kindle 3. Less than an hour ago, I tried to get a sample downloaded directly to the Kindle while Kindle-browsing titles. Did that dead thing. Scared the poop outta me as I thought it died. Came online and saw that this is not a unique issue. Tried the 30 second "hold" and that worked. I knew it was fully charged (had taken it off the plug from charging earlier and it had been charging for more than an hour).

I really am leery now that I have one of the buggy ones. I never had my Sony Reader crash in the early days (and only once after more than a year of ownership). So...hm....not happy. I only use the K3 about an hour a day so far, and I don't use it roughly (use it 99% of time at home on the couch). But the battery showed about 1/4th used after two days. I thought this was supposed to last 3 weeks on a charge with wireless on?

Hm. Okay, I need to chill. But while I love reading on this and love how quickly books are downloaded/synched, I'm really scared of all the crash/freeze/bug reports I'm seeing on a google.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote