Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 3 Freezes
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuthmeyer View Post
I had four different freezes with my Kindle 3 in the last day.

1.) While viewing a description to a word at the bottom, I pressed the "Return"-Key and the Kindle 3 frooze. Took my a while to figure out, how to restart it (Hold the on/Off switch for a long long time)
2.) While scrolling through a page with the cursorpad, the Kindle frooze and restarted automatically. Unfortunately the last position was lost, so I had to browse through the book again, to continue reading.
3.) After reboot, I wanted to select my book in the home page and it frooze again.

I hope this is just a software problem, not a hardware one. Looks for me, as if there is a race condition between the update of the dictionary box and the cursor movement.

Anyone noticed that?
Thank you Knuthmeyer! Mine keeps freezing too. I tried the "hold the on/off switch for 15 seconds advice from the user manual and nothing happened. I tried your "long long time" advice and it finally reset, indexed and came back. I must have held the on/off switch 30-60 seconds!
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote