View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
First of all, you could have mentioned Feedbooks' guide as the inspiration in your announcement Nate

I decided against including the descriptions in my guide for a fairly good reason: once we'll have dozens of thousands of books, this would make the guide way too heavy. The Kindle can choke on such files very easily due to the nature of the indexing process. I haven't added the description on the mobile website yet (I'm focusing on RSS for Mobipocket/ePub, and a similar download facility for RSS on the Kindle), but I'd rather redirect the user to a mobile page for the description (I already do this on the type field, if you select "Science Fiction" on the Feedbook's guide, you get to the mobile website).

It's pretty nice that Mobileread provides such a download facility but the guide also highlights some of the problem related to indexing books on a forum rather than a database: you can't browse books by alphabetical order, can't have an index of the authors etc...
We still love you, too Hadrien.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote