View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #27
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
That's like saying Amazon should stop selling Kindles overseas because they've launched the Paperwhite in the US - they won't do that. What they CAN do is put ads in the stores to advise this is the 'entry' level model, and there are two other models coming out.

Especially since FNAC has been selling Kobo Touch devices in France for quite some time now. Yes, now it's in Portugal - but they don't have to immediately stop sales just because a new device is on the horizon. What they can do is advertise the new device and price-drop the Touch, as they have in other markets.
I'm sorry, it appears I wasn't quite clear. I was elaborating on the original post by cesarx4s, which is talking about Portugal only and never mentions stopping sales anywhere. It's got nothing to do with Kindles or Amazon or separate locations. And the Touch has been in France for a while, that's fine. We're zooming in on Portugal only for a second. They launched the Touch just a week and half before the Glo gets there as well. No, they shouldn't stop their sales because the Glo is coming, it would have been nicer to not launch the Touch until the Glo was ready, so people would have a fair choice. At least they should have advertised the Glo so people buying the Touch know they'll be able to buy it cheaper in a few weeks, or buy a Glo instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Didn't Kobo say they were launching the 3 new devices but the Touch would still be available? I can see what you are saying and agree, they could have waited a week and launched all of them instead of getting early sales and then a week later saying to those people "na na you should have waited a week na na "
Hahahaha, exactly!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote