View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #78
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
MobileRead is a privately funded and maintained community. Its a great sandbox, and I'm glad that its open to the public. But lets not confuse open to the public with democratic free for all.

My favorite is not winning, my submission is not winning... SO WHAT!?! There were a lot of good submissions, a lot of so so submission, a lot of good ideas, and plenty of ideas that were so bad that they never got submitted. Look at all the options right now, and compare them to the cellular thumb that we have now. I think this is a huge step forward.

As for marginalized, I'm glad we didn't have 200+ things to vote for, and am again grateful for all the work and energy that the moderators put into this contest. Without a little executive leadership this would be just like every other forum on the internet... spam polluted, swarmed by flame wars, and just generally useless. Were lucky the mods didn't just sidestep this whole mess and pay 400$ to get a logo made professionally, and not have to deal with all of this.