View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #781
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by belledee View Post
im sorry...but i dont know what you mean by being associated....i have pythonw.exe in a different directory though
Glad you got it worked out!

Just so you know, associating a file type means that a particular program will be used to open it. Some file types can be opened by more than one program and in this case you want your .pyw file to be opened by pythonw.exe and not notepad.exe or IDLE.

To associate a file type, right click on it and select "open with" from the menu. From the dialog box that opens, browse to where the pythonw.exe program is and select it then select "ok". Once associated, anytime you click on a .pyw file, it will be opened by pythonw.exe without you having to do anything else.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote