Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #1449
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Hi,
I'd like to propose three extensions to the "Enhance Dictionary Lookup" patch (JBPatch Version 4.0.0 dated 2013-04-13):

1. Would it be possible to add the "view full definition in the definition window when looking up a word" feature (which was introduced in the newest Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5 firmware)? But please keep the "Show Full Definition" button (they removed it in the 5.3.5 firmware -> one needs to click "More" and then select "Dictionary" and I've found it really annoying so that I returned to 5.3.4).

2. Would it be possible to "enforce" the "Show Full Definition" button appearance / "being active" even in cases in which the dictionary lookup returned "No Definition found"? In such cases, I'd like to open the dictionary and "search" for a word in the dictionary myself.
Note: the standard Kindle's "magnifying glass / search" -> "Dictionary" will always open the default Kindle's dictionary which is "connected" with the device's language setting, while I would like to open the dictionary "specific" to the book's language. (Well, if there's any way to open a "specific" dictionary, without changing the device's language setting, let me know.)

3. Would it be possible to implement "recursive" dictionary calls from inside of the "definition window"? Quite often, I read a "definition" and inside of the displayed "definition" I find another word(s) which I want to get "definition(s)" of (i.e. call the dictionary "recursively"). For now, this is NOT possible from inside of the small "definition window" -> one always needs to "Show Full Definition" first.

Best regards,
Pepe.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 06-24-2013 at 12:31 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote