View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #11
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post
I wanted to thank you for the latest version and all the improvements.
I know you have written an App Store review for an earlier version of BookMaster/MapleRead. Thank you. But do you know that you can now write a new review for each version without overwriting the old ones? Please consider doing so, as this will give us an extra incentive to update the apps. We're not getting more money for each app update, but how about more praise at the App Store?

Quote:
The addition of the margin settings is great. It doesn't appear that the ability to adjust the appearance of the Title, chapter etc. has been added, did I miss something or will this be added later?
When the top & bottom page margin is small enough, the header and footer will disappear, as there is not enough room (margin) to display them properly.

As for the content of header and footer, it is not supposed to be different from previous version (v1.4.1). As I mentioned in some post in the old BookMaster thread, this issue will be addressed in future releases.

Quote:
Although I rarely read on my iPhone, it's a nice addition and will come in handy occasionally.

I did notice some issues doing a backup/restore in order to "Enabled migration of all contents and settings of any MapleRead app to any MapleRead app via backup and restore operations. ".

After going through the extremely convoluted process using iTunes, especially for the restore, I finally got it to work. This probably needs it's own set of instructions. I realize that it's mostly iTunes fault for how annoying this is but it's really awkward.
All of my settings were not transferred. The ones I noticed that were not were my OPDS sites, the background image (it shows the MR symbol) and the settings I had for night theme (amber on black). There may be more but I only just completed this.
Thank you for your report. We have not got around to try to reproduce this problem yet.

Quote:
Before I ask my question, a bit of information about how I use MapleRead.
All my books are stored in a Calibre library. I load books onto my iPad from the Calibre OPDS server.
I can certainly continue to do this for my iPhone as well whenever I have the occasion to read on the phone but I'm wondering if this is the best way or if there are easier alternatives. I don't necessarily need all my content on the phone but would like to hear your recommendations.

Thanks,

Tom
If you are using SE on iPad, I suggest you try using SE as your flagship, and serve books to your CX on iPhone. With respect to this screenshot, imagine that the two IP addresses are those of your two iPhones. Let me know if you encounter any problem. I may then use your feedback to improve our FAQ.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote