View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 AM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Why did you get a connected home device?

For those who have Alexa, Google Home or whatever, I'm curious what made you want one (aside from the obvious reasons for people who have a physical limitation of some kind and are helped by these devices).

Did you already have smart appliances/stereo/TV/whatever so you wanted to take advantage of them? Did you just think it seemed like fun?

At this point I can't see what I would use it for. My TV may be new enough to use with one of these devices but I'm fine controlling it with the remote. I live in a rental apartment and the appliances are all old/dumb/basic. I never even use the Google Assistant on my smartphone. However, at one point I had no interest in an ereader either and obviously that changed....
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote