View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #60
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Vapoware applies to software that is rumoured but not developed.
From Wiki:
"Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled."

So I repeat: until such devices actually make it to market, I will consider them vaporware.

Quote:
When the company who makes the eInk screens say that they are working on prototypes in conjunction with other companies you can be pretty sure that those prototypes will hit the market.
No, I cannot. Didn't you say you write about technology? Are you telling me you are truly that disbelieving of the idea that an announced prototype might not come to fruition? Seriously? You've never heard of this happening?

Quote:
When Amazon takes out a patent on technology that is core to their business, they aren't just playing.
Neither are they signing an affidavit that they will, come hell or high water, put that patent into production. It just means they have a patent on the technology, to safeguard against the possibility of someone else getting to it before they can.

Quote:
But if you really want to get into denial, tell me that the Entourage dual screen device was vapourware. It wasn't very successful, but it wasn't vapourware.
Well, okay. Fine. If you really want to hold a resounding failure as your trump card in the debate, then yeah, you're right. The Entourage Edge did exist.

Briefly.

Last edited by afa; 09-04-2012 at 01:32 PM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote