View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 02:16 AM   #9
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks! I am definitely going to get on my computer and print this to PDF for future reference. But I feel sort of bad that you typed all that out, as I've already gotten the curly quotes dealt with, finished that several days ago. But I picked up a zillion other small errors in the process.

Currently getting the italics in and also making sure paragraphs are correct. I've also created a custom spelling dictionary for this book.

The Gutenberg text is much more of a trainwreck than I'd initially thought. I've found missing punctuation, including some of the quotes, but also em-dashes, hyphens, and some entire words! And a great deal of paragraph problems! Oh, and accented characters missing as well.

This text is a case of: "The eyes of the one outweigh/outproofread the eyes of the many." 😁

It's also a case of the right book met the right person, as I've just been delighted by it! Enough so that I'm giving "Little Women" a re-read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote