View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 01:27 AM   #3
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
archive.org has several different copies.
Thanks for the suggestion! I did find one of theirs that is similar to the book I have, only 1906 instead. I could OCR the PDF, but I do my markup for curly quotes/italics by hand regardless, so kinda moot. And not being a super quality PDF in the first place, it might be worse than cutting, trimming, patching, scanning for a better quality PDF. It's not my first rodeo, I know well the difference in how a PDF out of my document scanner OCRs vs. an IA PDF...

I looked at the IA epub, but, um, NOPE. Too much absolute gibberish.

The Gutenberg text, while not proofread to my standards, is not entirely awful. It's just still got errors which'll get winkled out through my process.

Buying the Kindle book and stripping out the text would probably be the smart option, but wouldn't eliminate me having to read it against the 1910 text, so I might as well just have at it with the materials I've got. Payback to the MR library for good reading material I've enjoyed over the years!
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote