View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
is my epub valid or not ?

Hello

I have a strange epub problem. I got a html file (puplic domain). I edited it, so that it was xhtml 1.1 valid (I checked it). Then I loaded it into calibre, added chapters and a cover and converted it to epub.

To make it sure, I used the epub check at threepress.org and here, I was told that my epub is not valid, there is 1 error.

The error message is: ERROR: Rosenresli - Johanna Spyri.epub/content.opf(10): date value '2010-02-08T22:00:00' is not valid, YYYY[-MM[-DD]] expected

I unpacked the epub and looked at it. In line 10 it says <dc:date>2010-02-08T22:00:00</dc:date>

At the first glance, I couldn't see an error (but I am still a novice), so I looked for another epub checker. I found one here on MR, posted by fifisailing, based on java. So I checked the epub again with this program and now I was told that my epub is valid.

So who is right and who is wrong ? Is my epub valid ? Is there anything wrong with my content opf ? As I said, I converted the file with calibre, so I thought everything would be fine.
Are there other (easy to use) epub checkers ? Thanks for your help
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote