View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Post [Android] Calibre Companion List View+Grouping Drawer Dark Background on E-Ink Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@Incanus: did your device flash white screens as you changed from book list view to book details or when you opened settings?
No, in both cases it didn't.

Quote:
I hope not, because that means that the newer generation of e-ink devices work better.
That would appear to be the case. After all, we are talking about the top of the line android E-reader devices; they are not exactly cheap, mind you.

Quote:
I will look at what it takes to make night view and e-ink corrections work together. I do have an ulterior motive -- I would like to use it.
Your ulterior motive is my invested interest so, good for me: the author wants this feature too! Do please keep me/us posted

Quote:
Do you have any comments on the Likebook Mars? I am looking to replace my Afterglow (very old and the USB connector is failing).
  • Screen size / resolution: like reading from an actual book (7.8") instead of a pocket edition (6")
  • Reader native application: good and flexible enough for me but if you don't like it, you have your pick of many Android reading app alternatives
  • Library management: adequate for a small library (~1.000 or less ebooks) and poor for a large library (say, like mine) but that's why I got Calibre Companion first and the E-Ink device after
  • Battery life: even if you only have Calibre Companion installed, with the device on airplane mode (or: Wi-Fi off andf Bluetooth off) and using it only as an E-reader (as opposed to using it as an E-Ink multimedia Android tablet... which you may) battery will last for a week or so. Beyond that, there's a twisting tweaking path that I've barely began to thread (dare I say it, am I waxing poetic here?)

Hope this helps and, once again, thank you for such a good app.

Kudos,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 04-12-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Typo, link added
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote