View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I suspect that much of this comes down to the idea that copyright for books is property and thus belongs to the copyright holder for eternity rather than a limited privilege granted by the Constitution. If you buy into the idea that the copyright of a specific book is property, and belongs to the copyright holder for eternity, then there is an emotional response of "how dare someone use my property without my say so". Some authors feel very strongly that way. That wasn't the original intent of copyright in the Constitution, but that does seem to be the way it has evolved over the years.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote