View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I am interested as I also have a virgin router, with it's less than stellar wifi, so its good to know what might improve it, and also what's not fully compatible.
FWIW: I have a Virgin router V3.0 and 3-node Linksys Velop mesh wifi. I have run the system
  • With only the Virgin router, using its wifi, with the Velops off.
  • With the Virgin router in modem mode, using the Velop's routing and wifi.
  • With the Virgin router in router mode and WiFi off, with the Velop running in bridge mode with main and guest WiFi (my current setup).
I all cases CC had no problems connecting to either the wireless device or the content server, as long as I was not connected to the guest network.

The velop backhaul connections are currently cabled, but I have run them in wireless mode. The only impact of using wireless backhaul was that the network was slower.

I tried a Netgear Orbi system. I sent it back because it was unreliable. One node wouldn't do a firmware upgrade, causing it to drop out of the mesh. The other two would drop the backhaul when someone walked through the imaginary line between the two devices.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote