View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 03:27 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lLenovo Yoya tab plus , fire HD10 HDX8.9,
weird read only bug - amazon fire tablet

tried to use CC to content server today. got a message saysing cannot connect because the folowing [ long list of formats I do not use] are in a read only folder...

so thinking it through.
the one recent change I made was to add an actual SD card to tis tablet, and allow Fire OS to reoganise by agreeing to all default suggestions.
IN CC, the only format in use was EPUB, all the other formats were set to go to default folder but I had not downloaded any AZW, PDF....

I checked, and my epub books had remained in storage emulated 0 ... i.e. in internal memory but maybe the CC app got partially or wholly remove to the card and so its permissions were affected ?
so I fixed it by changing the default folder to actually be a folder on the card, for all formats, in CC preferences. I was warned by CC that all existing books would be moved but actually it moved none (because they were read only to the app?)
so it then dowenlaoded a new epub to the new location ok but other books were still in the old location.

so I ended up deleting them all and will re-download them to card. i only keep a handful of books on tablets, not my entire library , so it's not a huge deal, but I would appreciate feedback on what I did "wrong" to cause this.

Its not the usual scenario of creating a folder on SD card that app could not control, rather it seems to be the opposite: somehow the app lost write permissions to the folder it was previously using OK in internal storage.

just as a reminder, when you add a card to a fire OS device you don't get the choice of adopted vs removable storage, - it offers to move what it can to the new card, which I agreed to , and I think it changes the download location for new amazon content to be on the card. so this device now as 32Gb internal and 32Gb on card

CC version 5.4.4.1 (392)
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote