View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no reason to use anything other then ePub as your master format.
EPUB is my primary format, but I don't think of it as a "master" source. Specifically, I don't agree with this advice from the OP:
Quote:
Pick one format, ePub or mobi, standardize on it, convert everything to it, consider it the master copy once it's cleaned up, delete any other formats, and generate whatever formats you need for various devices from that master on the fly as you need them.
If you've got a good .txt, .lit or .pdf format I definitely don't recommend deleting it and trying to recreate it via conversion from another format.

Some formats aren't even fully reverse engineered. A conversion to another format will seldom be as good as an ebook originally designed for and created in that format. Space is cheap and when I want to read something, I don't always want to convert to EPUB format first. I may just open the best format I have and read that. If it's good, then I'll probably convert (often in the middle of reading it). I certainly don't want to wait until all my books are converted to perfect EPUBs before starting to read them.