View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Sorry to see that you got no answers, as I am having a similar problem (though not the same).

I setup my Calibre library on a Synology NAS that is mounted as SMB (I believe) on my Windows PC. So far, it seems to work. My plan was to use the same library directory with a different PC, namely, my laptop running Linux. When I tried it, Calibre froze. Checking through the documentation, I found this "Do not put your calibre library on a networked drive" in the Calibre FAQ, so I guess my setup won't work.

Is there a way to run the Calibre server from the NAS itself? It would be a perfect solution, as it is typically accessible full time, whereas my various other computers are not running 24/7. But I'm afraid any solution to this is going to involve a more complex setup, and considerable efforts (at least for me...)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote