View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #63
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
And then some.
So far the few comics and mags I've tried so far look waaay better to the FireHD9 compared to even a FullHD PC monitor. Pixel density does matter. Up to a point.
Also, I've long been an advocate of 16x10 aspect screens over 4x3 for reading: It's good to see I was right that it is an optimum aspect for reading, both in portrait and dual-column landscape.
Speaking specifically of North American comics, their print aspect ratio is 3:2 (15:10) so when viewing a single page in portrait 16:10 is better than 4:3. Where the iPad really shines though, is with double-page spreads because they are in a 4:3 landscape orientation.

Still, for most comic readers a large 16:10 HD screen is the best available option.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote