View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
They're entitled to their opinions, of course, but causing favourable opinions to be taken off and even having the book taken down is wrong.
Then Amazon needs to tighten up its review rules for books. Formal legislation is not needed, IMO. Even Crappy books are an art form, and are fundamentally different from an eBook reader or a TV set. If Amazon can't or won't control a runaway review mechanism, their reliability will suffer, and people will buy elsewhere.

One of the reasons I don't have a Kindle device is I want to avoid being locked down to a single supplier for books. An Android device with a Kindle app is far more flexible in this regard. There aren't many book vendors that don't provide an android app that can read their product. I assume that is the same for the Apple environment.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote