View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #451
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Anyway, I recommend Biocentrism to readers with open and inquiring minds. It's not perfect, but it will make you think. Don't be put off by the book's detractors who dismiss it as "crackpot." I suspect that their understanding of quantum mechanics is not as complete as they like to think.
My understanding of quantum mechanics isn't "complete", but I do trust reputable professionals who have pointed out the numerous errors in Lanza's work, errors that go to the heart of what he's claiming. I also know enough to realize that Lanza's claims aren't even particularly new - they're the same "consciousness builds the universe" pseudo-science that quantum-woo peddlers like Chopra have been infatuated with forever.

There's keeping an open mind, and then there's keeping a mind so open that your brain falls out. I'd encourage anyone who picks up Biocentrism to read sceptically, and educate themselves on the reality of quantum physics; there's a reason Lanza's work hasn't set off an army of researchers looking to investigate his claims and turn physics on its head (and garner the accolades that comes with that).
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote