View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #903
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Yep, FW 2.x indeed does, but it's nice enough to not drop anything on port 22 (and it even logs it ).

Good point on NM, I don't use it myself, so I always forget about it... (On the other hand, I'm "enjoying" udev's new naming scheme for network devices... (systemd-udevd[7866]: renamed network interface usb0 to enp0s29f1u2) *sigh*).
Oh, what fun and games.

At least they don't rename the interfaces a, b, c, d, ... like the stuff ixtab has to deal with.

I will take your note as a warning not to update my gateway machine anytime soon.
I have some custom udev rules that rename my gateway machine's interfaces to: lan0, lan1, wan0, mod0 ....
Which means something to me (and my routing/firewall scripting).
I could never remember what enp0s29f1u2 is plugged into.

But back to the question:
NiLuJe says his DX does not time-out disconnect on him -
Mine does not time-out disconnect on the host side -

@antithesis: I guess we don't have a clue why yours does.

Well, unless it isn't - -
You might just be pinging the wrong end of the cable while having the wrong IP address pair setup for the USBnetworking.

Use nmap on that interface range that you expect the kindle to be on, see where it finds it at (probably not at the address you are expecting).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote