View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #7
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
I just got a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I can state that overall the program is working great, especially since the new computer has so much more RAM and processing power than the ancient XP computer it replaced (which sometimes froze up in Sunrise XP for this reason). I DID have a small hiccup when I tried to initially install Sunrise XP-- Vista stated that the program was not compatible with Vista. Trying an install the second time worked just fine, however, so if you hit a snag like this, keep trying.

I DO have one problem however, and that is that Sunrise is not reading my cookies from Vista's Internet Explorer 7. I did use IE to register my cookies with the web site in question (NY Times), so they should be active. I'm wondering if my cookies are in a different location on this machine and Sunrise isn't finding them. I don't believe we can direct Sunrise XP to a specific cookies folder, can we? Laurens, any thoughts?

By the way, for anyone thinking about going to a Vista machine (or upgrading from XP), RAM is your friend. I have 2 GB and it's working great. I've heard 1 GB is acceptable. A friend with 512 MB is struggling. Adequate RAM will address the "Vista lag" I've heard others complain about.

Last edited by doogie68; 06-04-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional suggestion