View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #19
sponder
sponder began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
f you can't find the drive you can't reformat it. Also if you reformat that will wipe out all of the files including the system file and the fonts file leaving you with nothing. Applying Ockham's razor you should probably make sure your USB ports are working. Try connecting another device to the computer (camera, mp3 player, external harddrive flash drive card reader etc) and see if they are working. Also I have noticed that the Cybook connection is somewhat stubborn. I usually have to insert the cable in the computer a couple of times before i get the windows kathump noise telling the device is connected. Ignore the Cybook telling you it is connected go with the computer.

You can also try restoring factory default. You do this by holding down the volume - button (bottom button on the right) and power button at the same time. Follow the directions. This didn't help my situation, but it may help yours

There is also a lot of information here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cybo...roubleshooting

If you some how manage to reformat the Cygen I am willing to emal a copy of the system file. I have firmware build 834
sponder is offline   Reply With Quote