View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #50
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
I check some publisher sites at times, but usually they're either not of interest to me (most small publishers; there are exceptions, such as Angry Robot, but their books tend to be cheaper on Amazon or Kobo-with-a-coupon) or they're geo-restricted (like your Penguin example).

If I was into romance, this might be more relevant as romance publishers seem to be better about selling books outside the major shops, but as I'm neither into romance nor into the majority of what Baen offers, well.
Agreed. I like Angry Robot too and follow them on twitter. They announce sales and specials (but in my case most are in the UK--signed books and the like). I haven't bought at Baen in a while either. I tend to like their older titles more than the newer ones. I have found a decent UF on Carina Press although their main line is romance. Julie Moffet is with them too -- she's zany cozy/humor, and there are some other mystery writers with them too, but I do have to really pick and choose...

It will get better. I am convinced that the smart publishers are going to market more and more often direct.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote