View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 AM   #63
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacebookVirus View Post
This morning I finished a book I purchased at Amazon.

At the end of the book, there is one "Before you go..." window where you can rate the book and which shows a list of similar books purchased by other customers.

That's it. You close the window and close the book. One screen tap to close the window. No social media was mentioned.

If you don't want to use a Kindle for whatever reason, fair enough, but here thou doth protest too much.
well "that's it" for now, until they add the next nag, or the next ad, or the next enforced "social media" link-up it's where do you draw that line. I chose to draw the line there - 1 nag that I could not remove via preferences was n 1 nag too many for me & I sold the kindle, bought Sony.

I have no desire to publicly rate books and it was offensive that I had NO choice over being asked to contribute to stupidities like face book. it s a form of chugging.

rant on
there's an push towards social media everywhere such that i have to go through so many apps - Spotify, Steam,,, saying no I am not interested in your "community", I do not wish to use your app to chat to "friends"/ share what I'm doing.... reading should be an escape from all of that nonsense.
Rant over
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote