View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Being ignorant of the KDP process, I feel it's important for those following along to understand exactly what the nature of the file is that you're "pulling back down from KDP." Is it a dual format file (mobi & kf8) like kindlegen produces, or is it either/or -- like what the customer would recieve when purchasing the ebook?

When you use mobi(kindle)unpack to examine the contents of that file, does it produce both a mobi7 folder AND a mobi8 folder? If there is no mobi8 folder, then the file is mobi7-only and will never have embedded fonts included.

There may be other issues in play, but I can't help thinking that the file you're getting back from KDP might not be what you think it is. But I can't know for certain until someone familiar with KDP can explain the nature of the file(s) you "get back" from them.

In short, I think it's possible that you're looking for embedded fonts in a mobi-only file that will never contain embedded fonts because the format doesn't support them.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote