Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #83
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
If you're avoiding firmware updates
I'm not avoiding updates per se - just trying to establish what they fix/break beforehand and determine if they are less crap than the previous version Specifically in my case whether they provide a power usage profile consistent with their marketing literature (and with the old Touch device).

Quote:
.. I see why you don't want to create a test account. I wasn't suggesting using the kobo desktop app...don't use it myself for the same reason. My idea was more that somehow a "clean" account would be easier and more reliable for not involving other factors when testing.
I don't believe you could possibly get much cleaner than simply applying the following
Code:
"insert into user values('foo', 'foo', 'foo', 'foo', 'foo');" | sqlite3 /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite
There are plenty of references to this method in the mobileread forum. No cruft whatsoever. No Kobo Desktop software required.

Quote:
I understand if you'd rather not, it's just I would personally find having to return so many units quite annoying and would be looking for other factors as well.
Yes I can't pretend it isn't annoying having sent back my old Touch for a power problem that only occurred occasionally (and possibly could have been circumvented with different sleep/power-off settings) to receiveing a new Touch (twice) that has an always present issue.

As I said above, you can't get much cleaner than empty and I have been trying to discuss as many alternative explanations and logical reasons as I can possibly come up with, both in this thread and in similar threads within the Kobo forum.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote