View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
[pw] disabling kindle upgrades

The tricks that change some variables responsible for the minimum percentage of battery in the upgrade script don't really make a difference here.
After experiencing this problem twice I got angry and just put an "exit" in the first line of the script. Still I get updates and I don't know what triggers it.

How can I prevent updates reliably without cutting network access completely? Is there a special update server?

As an alternative I would consider denying all access and then just whitelisting manually all hosts I want to access with the kindle. Then I could replace the "send to kindle" function in my chrome with something that just uses rsync like on all my other computers. But sadly I couldn't find any good way to format things properly for the kindle. The extension still does the best job and it needs the official kindle email sync to work.
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote