Thread: MobileRead December 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
It's not just December. People were complaining last month about the length of Cloud Atlas. I would hate to see a major criteria for monthly book selection become that the book be short and up beat. Perhaps another possibility for December in 2013 would be to make that the comedy month? That is if comedy is retained as a category.
I did read Cloud Atlas and the length was not an issue. It was a very easy read. That's one thing I don't see people taking into account. I, Robot is longer, but it's going to be an easier read then Ethan Frome.

People, please don't vote for something because it's shorter. Frome is actually longer in some ways due to it not being an easy read. It's boring, depressing, and written in a way you may not be used to. So it may very well feel like a chore to read where as I, Robot will be a breeze to read even though it is longer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote