View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
John, I read an article somewhere about the pain you went through trying to get your novel published.

I think you're pretty much a case study for why I wanted to start supporting independent authors. Much is said about publishers being the gatekeepers, but I quickly grew more suspicious about what they were preventing me from reading than I was grateful for what they were protecting me from.

Since I've moved my reading to 50%+ independent, I believe I was correct to be suspicious and I simply don't trust publishers to be any kind of gatekeeper.

I still have a high respect for editing services of course - but they can be acquired with or without a publisher.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote