View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
After Microsoft's decision not to support LIT anymore this is the second time within one year that a once popular format (and its infrastructure) will vanish into oblivion, and again one infested with DRM.

Makes you wonder what the situation will be like in, say, 2021 ... for both DRM and eBook formats.
This was to be expected. My mobi books already live a happy afterlife on readers they were never intended to show up on (thanks to all the people, who made this possible). It also strengthens my determination, to always dust off my books first after purchase.

One thing I wonder: mobi had a nice dictionary-implementation. The current epub readers mostly come with built in dicts (Sony, etc.), or some free stuff, which is pretty awfull (pocketbook).
When will epub come up with something comparable, or did I miss something?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote