View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonbo0422 View Post
All I want is some device that's small, light, that I can read books on -- I don't need to listen to music, surf the Web, or have it be in color -- snip-- be able to download from a large source of books via wi-fi, be BACKLIT or frontlit or any-lit, that I can read in TOTAL DARKNESS, have a long battery life and not cost more than $100. Is that so much to ask?

Does any such device exist? Sorry to be such a dunderhead . . .
Sadly, no such device exists. E-ink devices mimic paper, and needs light in darkness.

Devices with a backlit screen are in color - and color at the 6" size costs more than $100. And few of them are really just readers - they are also trying to appeal to the mini-tablet market to justify the increased cost.

If you can deal with a smaller screen, an iPod touch works well. I read on my iPhone in bed - it's nice and light weight, I can change the font and the brightness, and I can switch hands easily as I roll around.

Or you can buy a clip on light or lighted case for your new Kindle.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote