View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #363
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
the site is kindle.amazon.com, but it only works for books on your Amazon account
And that is EXACTLY the problem! For every single book I buy on Amazon I get probably 15-20 free PD books from other sources.

I know all about "marketing" but I guess my thinking is weird. If I were going to write a reader app (Kindle for Mac, Kindle for iPad) where the user can highlight and make notes, I'd see that the annotations file was transferable from device to device, and that they worked for any book that the app will open (even free books). But that's just me.....

And I'm not just picking on Amazon.... I don't understand how some kids can come up with FaceBook and store and "sync" zillions of "blurbs" and pictures that transfer and work on ANY device, but no company can can up with a reader app that syncs a few notes across various platforms.....

Yes, I know... I'm ranting... please forgive me.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote