View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Hmm. I really have to disagree with you. I wouldn't say that Inception is the best movie I've ever seen, but I do think that it's an exceptionally well-made, thought-provoking film. It asks the question that lots of movies ask: "What is reality?" Of course, this is a topic that has been tackled by numerous filmmakers over the years, but I think Inception does provide an interesting avenue for exploring that concept. The film left me with more questions than answers, and I think that's a great thing.

Visually, I think Inception is great achievement. I found it really difficult to discern what was done with special effects, and what was done on set. That's impressive. It was just beautiful to watch; I love that scene on the Paris street with Ariadne and Cobb, and of course the hallway scene.

As far as the soundtrack goes, I think Hans Zimmer did a fantastic job. The score makes an immediate impression (certainly it did for me; after I saw the trailer for the first time I couldn't get it out of my head). The main theme is heavy and oppressive and brooding. It's also very beautiful. It perfectly captures both the urgency and the sadness that are so central to the film.

Overall, I loved Inception. To each her own, I suppose.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote