View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 05:56 AM   #1
Cobalt
Cobalt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
New Sage - Serious issues

I have purchased a Sage to replace my Aura One that I've had since its initial release.

It's a lovely device, but has some serious issues which I assume must be fixable.

Firstly, it's impossible to load books without corruption.

I tried the following:

1) Use Dropbox - since setup seems very keen that you set up a Dropbox account I assume that's the preferred method. File was readable, but corrupt.

2) Use Calibre, as with the Aura. I updated to the latest version of Calibre. The first time I tried it the book appeared, but when I tried to open it, the Sage said I was not authorised to read it. And yet the book was unprotected and would load and be readable on the Aura.

Later attempts resulted in the book appearing in the Kobo file system, but not in the book list on the device.

3) Copy a 'kepub' file from the Aura to the Sage. Similarly to 2, it appears in the Sage file system, but not on the device's book list.

4) Manually copy a Mobi file to the Sage. This works, but the file is corrupt. (Also, the book cover does not display correctly.)

The corruption takes the form of extra, inserted characters, every page or two. The characters are frequently copies of earlier characters, e.g.

"The case of the dog in the night"

would display as

"The case ocase f the dog in the night".

Some times the characters have not appeared in the preceding text.

Also, the dictionary dos not work at all. It will not even highlight a word.

I presume there must be a work around for these problems, but I haven't been ale to find it here or elsewhere.

Thank you for any help.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote