View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The latest Qt5 versions are getting pretty aggressive at blacklisting video drivers that aren't fairly recent. Which often means you might be falling back to software rendering. I believe calibre on Windows/Mac is using the very latest Qt (5.14.1) as of about 10 days ago. So if your video hardware (or its drivers) are starting to age a bit, there could be some issues. 5.12.6 is a little flaky on my Windows 7 VMs. I haven't tried 5.14.x on them yet.
Thanks, I didn't know that

The computers in question were ordered from Toshiba in November and delivered on the same palette in December - of 2019!

6 of 9 teachers have no problems with calibre 4.10 on the new laptops, whilst 3 have problems. I'm seeing a Toshiba engineer at the school tomorrow. We will, amongst other things, compare video adapters and drivers. I've had a shallow look, but nothing leapt out. Because they've not complained about anything else I assume everything else is works.

The 3 teachers with the problem are using one of the old 2015 vintage laptops to maintain their libraries with calibre version 4.10 on Windows 1903.

No, I can't figure it out either.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote