View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
auto-add does not have a merge facility, it is not safe, since duplicates cannot be identified with 100% accuracy. Currently, you can do it vice the command line calibredb tool. At some point I will add some UI to the server to add formats to existing books via the browser as well, similar to how you can add new books already.
How do I do it with calibredb? All I see is the -d (Add books to database even if they already exist), which is basically what I'm already doing -- this doesn't remove older duplicates, does it? And it's based on title only, rather than author & title.

Even if it's dangerous, a "use at your own risk" merge facility based on author & title would be very useful, from my point of view...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote