View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #18
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Thats a bit annoying, I was just looking at buying a Kindle to take advantage of 'slightly' cheaper books.
For works still under copyright, they typically are cheaper. For Public Domain and Creative Commons licensed works, they usually carry editions created by publishers and the publishers charge money for them. Many of these works are available free at places like Project Gutenberg and people volunteer their time to format them and convert them. If all you want to read is free classics and the occasional Creative Commons work, then I would pick a reader based on features rather than bookstores. If you, like me, read mostly modern works still under copyright, then it's good to look around at the various stores and see who caries the types of books you like and what they charge.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote