View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #12
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would doubt that this is true. With a model useful for video this would be the preferred ratio, although not quite as valuable for ebook reading it is still much better than the 7". See the wiki Galaxy Tab for a comparison of the sizes, as well as Screen sizes.
Dale
I'm not sure what the advantage of a 16:9 screen is when viewing videos, unless you only view 16:9 videos and never on a tablet running honeycomb. You only lose 5%, in picture area, when you go to a 8:5 aspect ratio. BTW, the 8.9 Galaxy Tab you cited is an 8:5.

Here are the screen sizes for an 8.9in
diagonal:
16:9--7.75 X 4.36in or 33.8 sq in
8:5----7.55 X 4.72in or 35.6 sq in

The actual size of the video that will be
displayed is:
16:9--7.75 X 4.36in or 33.8 sq in 100%
8:5----7.55 X 4.25in or 32.1 sq in 95%

I am willing to give up the 5% for the better browsing of a 8:5. Since I like to watch the old TV shows a 4:3 aspect ratio might be in my future.

I think my ideal screen size would be an 8in 3:2 aspect ratio. But to each his own.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote